The Asian Outlaws are back...

Four middleaged ugly blokes who guarantee entertainment

Moderator: Sandman

Rinda
Mod

Re: The Asian Outlaws are back...

Post by Rinda » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:17 am

In Bangkok at a party called 'Quintessentially'. According to Bua's short e.mail Riverman Promotions provided one of their artists for the party (they seem to have a connection with Bryan Ferry, but I don't think it was him). Apparently 300 of the richest in Thailand were there. They look a bit of a motley crew to me.

R.

Gandalf the Grey
Promising Newbie
Promising Newbie

Post by Gandalf the Grey » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Apparently, the bloke in the middle with the hair extensions and the low-cut dress is Haggis...

Alan B'stard
Knows where Benhall is
Knows where Benhall is

Post by Alan B'stard » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Amazing what wonders 'that parlour' can achieve, keep it up H!!

Rinda
Mod

Post by Rinda » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Just a bit of an update on the Asian Outlaws - they're not really into forums, but here's a bit of gossip...

Bua (photos just above) has decided that men are not really her scene and has found a new playmate. We love her dearly, but she's a bit of a 'wild child' and she's found new interests...

Beautiful Bo (you'll have to go back a few pages to find her lovely photo) has decided that her Scottish boyfriend is not the man for her, and is now working at a hotel in Phuket to finish off her degree. I'm sure she'll be snapped up soon by some lucky man.

I'll try and recruit some new fans this term. Back to work on Monday :( after a couple of weeks R&R. Rest assured your treasured CD will be played to the 'new' students. They'll be tapping their pencils (and feet) to the beat - if they don't I'll fail them for lack of participation.

R.

Sandman
Site Admin

Post by Sandman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Excellent, thanks :D

Rinda
Mod

Post by Rinda » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Had a fun moment today - I'll get back to that later.

OK, I teach 18/19 year-old Thai students. They listen to a lot of music, and, as we know, a lot of classic songs are being re-recorded by present day 'popular' artists. I played the original 'I'm a Believer' the other day and they all recognised it, and thought that Shrek was the singer :? . I think he sang it in Shrek I... When I told them that it was over 40 years old they obviously thought I was bonkers.

So, back to today. Today was Outlaws day and I was playing your CD. I always write the artist and the name of the song on the corner on the whiteboard. 'I Predict a Riot' was playing in the background while they were doing a boring grammar excercise. Some toes and pencils were tapping. One or two students looked up at the board and then wrote 'Outlaws' and the name of the song in the back of their textbook. Am I going to tell them that it's a cover version? No. :D

R.
P.S. While it was playing I was thinking about the great night at the White Horse. Thanks lads.

Sandman
Site Admin

Post by Sandman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Lol. That'll please the boys. :)

Rinda
Mod

Post by Rinda » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:03 pm

I did a 'Cross-Cultural Communication' class today and took them for a visit around the UK. The photo of AB smiling with his fish and chips and beer appeared on the large screen for all to see. I heard little whisperings of 'Law maak' (which means 'handsome' in Thai). I obviously had to stop any ideas that the young lasses might have, so I explained that you were a happily married man, old enough to be their father, and that you had no intentions of visiting the Land of Smiles (or gorgeous young students).

Was that OK :?:

R.

Alan B'stard
Knows where Benhall is
Knows where Benhall is

Post by Alan B'stard » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:05 pm

. . . booked the flight, call from airport!!

Regards

Dad :lol:

Rinda
Mod

Post by Rinda » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:24 pm

Oh dear, oh dear...

Got your timing wrong AB. You're either circling in a plane over the hijacked airport rapidly running out of fuel, or you're at least 400 miles away landing at another airport. Can you play the bongos? I guess a drummer is a drummer - dustbin lids, saucepans, etc. The only reason I ask is that the Thais love bongo drums. If you're stuck in an airport you could do a bit of busking.

I'll let the girls down gently tomorrow (I'm sure there'll be tears at bedtime :( )...always another time, eh?

R.

Alan B'stard
Knows where Benhall is
Knows where Benhall is

Post by Alan B'stard » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:12 pm

. . . you leave my bongo's out of this!! 8) and how dare you criticize my "timing" or have you heard me rehearsing!!

Rinda
Mod

Post by Rinda » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I think that your timing was spot-on Mr.B. A perfect reason/excuse not to come, and the girls fully understood your non-arrival. The fact that they'd spent hours polishing and tightening up the bongos didn't seem bother them. Oh, and they said not to worry - timing wasn't that important... :wink:

We're actually going to be leaving all your fans down here in Petchaburi province, and moving North to where we used to teach - a large town called Nakhon Pathom (about 60kms West of Bangkok).

H. is heartbroken to leave the 'salon' down here, he says that he's trained the girls to do just what he wants, he says it's the same as me finding a good hairdresser. Bless him, he really understands these kinds of things. I'm hopefull that we can find him a comparable salon at our new location.

Bua and Bo, your loyal fans, will still be in regular contact with us - and we'll have some more recruits at the new place, and I'll hopefully get some photos of your fans here before we leave.

R.