Police are reminding drivers to remove valuables and secure their vehicles when leaving them unattended.
Between 21 and 23 November 12 vehicles parked along Carlton Lane in Carlton, and two vehicles in nearby Westleton, were broken into with the thieves making off with items including cash and torches.
Officers are urging people to follow these safety tips to prevent themselves from becoming a victim of vehicle crime
• Lock doors, close windows, including the sunroof, every time you leave your vehicle - even if it is just for a few minutes.
• Consider marking your valuables, especially those that you frequently take in your car. Mark them with your postcode or other unique identification (SmartWater or Selecta DNA are both suitable and accredited products).
• Do not leave anything on display in your car; thieves can sometimes mistake them for valuables and the damage they can do to the car to get in can be costly.
• Take all belongings with you when you leave the car. If you cannot, lock them in the boot out of sight.
• Don’t forget to remove Sat Navs and holders and wipe the residue circle from the windscreen.
• Keep your keys safe.
Anyone with information regarding the above thefts is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 67842/16.
In an emergency always ring 999
Moderator: des fisher
1 post • Page 1 of 1